What online suppliers do you recommend?

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

What online suppliers do you recommend?

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

I have ordered equipment from Drs. Foster and Smith and they have pretty good prices. I also ordered a couple of coral packs this weekend from liveaquaria.com. I was very happy with the selection and the packaging.

What online venders have you tried that you recommend?
-Kristyn
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I have only made one purchase online and that was marinedepotlive.com. Was happy with everything except the fact that the seahorses didnt live as long as I was hoping for. Only about 6 months but that was no fault of marine depots.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

For live animals I recommend LiveAquaria.

For dry goods I recommend Marine Depot. I have been burned twice by their live side, however, and will never order fish or any other livestock from them again.

I have also had great success with Custom Aquatics and Premier Aquatics.

I have ordered from Reefer Madness several times and have always received great stuff.
steveanddanni
Amoeba

Post by steveanddanni »

www.bigalsonline.com They have awsome prices and Wednesdays are double points days for their VIP members. Basically they give you 1 point for every $ you spend and double those points on Wednesdays. We just ordered some from them and used some points for $10 off our order. They are cheaper in most cases than Fosters and Smith.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

For dry goods, the best prices seem to be at:

www.bigalsonline.com
www.customaquatic.com
Also:
www.premiumaquatics.com
www.marinedepot.com
www.championlighting.com

I have ordered from all of those and never had a problem with any of them. Best test kit prices seem to be custom aquatic.

Check out: http://www.haveparrotwilltravel.com/reefsale.htm for some frag links.. it was something i did to keep up with my frag bookmarks a while back, but has not been updated in about a year.

I've only ordered fish from www.saltwaterfish.com, and no problems there, shipping is free for >$75, but they don't have a lot of inventory so it's a crap shoot.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I have only order live stuff from Saltwaterfish.com and that was probably 5 yrs ago. I usually get dry good from marine depot, premium aquatics, custom aquatics, and reefgeeks for T5 bulbs.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

For dry goods:
Drs Foster and Smith, usually if I get something for the other animals as well.
Marine Depot...excellent customer service and good prices.
Reefgeeks for bulbs.
Premium Aquatics...excellent customer service.

For livestock:
Reefer Madness for corals.
Saltwaterfish is good for invert, cleanup packages. I don't know about any other stuff.
I've heard good things about Atlantis Aquarium. Have been tempted many times to try them, but haven't yet. Prices on frags are ridiculous, but the a/c colonies are reasonable.
Same with Dr. Macs...
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Drs. Foster & Smith has great customer service. There was a slight mistake with the corals they sent me this weekend. I emailed them and told them about it. They are correcting the problem by sending me 2 more corals at no extra charge. So I commend them on thier great customer service!
-Kristyn
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I agree on F&S costomer service. They forgot to send a gallon jug of suplements so they send another wich was distroyed in shipping so they next dayed it to me no questions asked.
greenclowngoby
Amoeba

Post by greenclowngoby »

just tagging along.

i've ordered from http://www.liveaquaria.com http://www.marinedepot.com http://www.marineflora.com http://www.reefnutrition.com

satisfied w/ all my orders (bulkheads, iodine, calcium buffers, zoanthids, macro algae... never ordered fish tho) from those vendors.
GeoGriffin
Amoeba

Post by GeoGriffin »

I usually use Dr Foster & Smith for all equipment. However I did just place a order with reefgeeks for a skimmer and some T5 lighths so we will see how they do.

As for livestock, I only order from Liveaquaria. You can not go wrong with their customer service and the 14day garuent. I have ordered fish/inverts probably about 5 times and gotten all of my rock (2 orders) from them. If your looking for inverts you might try Aquaticisland.com as they have awsome prices for cleaner packages and will ship them priority mail.
Buzz
Amoeba

Online Vendors

Post by Buzz »

I know I'm new here but wanted to ask a question. Do most locals buy the stuff they need from online stores or local vendors? I own a small business (not a fish store) and know how hard it can sometimes be. Personally, I use the Internet for research, then go to one of the local guys and get them to order what I'm looking for. Sure, they may be $10 higher on that new pump I've been looking at but I think it’s worth spending just to help these guys out. My biggest nightmare is jumping in my car and rushing up to the LFS for something to fix my tank and the doors closed for good because the Internet put them out of business. If you’re from the eastern shore or Mobile, I'm sure you know of at least 3 stores pretty close by. Individuals’ not large chains own these stores. Plus, you will be keeping the money local, which helps as well.
Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. No offence intended.

Thanks,
Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I like giving local places my business, but when you're ordering halide bulbs, a skimmer, a good external pump, etc chances are you are not going to find what you are looking for locally.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
fishman122
Amoeba

Post by fishman122 »

i know this is an old thread, but just thought i would give some input too, for dry goods, i always use thatfishplace.com, they have a low price guarantee, fast shipping, tremendous selection. also for live goods check out reeptopia.com. not a whole lot of selection but really good prices on what they do have i think.
satchmofish
Amoeba

Post by satchmofish »

if you ever get a chance & are in Lancaster, PA, go to THat Pet Place/ That Fish Place. It is AMAZING! You wont be dissapointed.

-russ
uncommon valor was a common virtue