WTB: Looking for a bigger tank...I think. :)

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

HCJohn
Amoeba

WTB: Looking for a bigger tank...I think. :)

Post by HCJohn »

I knew this was going to happen, no matter how hard I tried, I knew it.

Anyway, Im thinking I would like to go with a bigger tank, but not huge. Something in the 40 to 60gal range. Im not really sure on sizes, but I dont want a tank thats real shallow from front to back. Doesnt have to be tall, but something more cube like would be prefferable.

I was just thinking I might as well ask and see if anyone has something like this they might want to get rid of. If it doesnt happen, thats fine...but if it does, thats great to.
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Don't really have anything available for you, but I think either a 40 breeder (36x18x16) or a 60 cube (24x24x24) would be right up your alley. You can make an impressive display with either.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
HCJohn
Amoeba

Post by HCJohn »

Yea, both of those sound great. Hopefully someone will have one lying around and needing a new home. :)
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

i should have a 75g shortly, probably looking at a month or so.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I myself was considering a 60 cube with a center overflow for my seahorse tank I want to start up. Of course Charlie says thats not big enough. :shock: Wasn't it his idea to downsize? You can order one relatively inexpensively from www.glasscages.com. Be wary that shipping aint cheap. But....they will be coming to New Orleans on July 2nd and if you order now I would think it would be early enough that you could make their truck and you could pick it up at the show. We ordered our 250 from them and the quality is VERY good. I will be ordering from them again. They will custom make the tank with overflows where you want it, etc. I highly reccomend them.

Good luck with your serch. BTW..you know your an addict when you get your tank set up with new rock, sand, fish, etc. and less than a wek later you want a new tank thats twice the size as the one you just put up. HEHE

Eli
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Be careful using larger tanks for seahorses--it can be difficult to get the proper food density for them to get enough (from experience). The only remedy I can think of for larger tanks is to either a) have a bunch of individuals or b) train them to eat from a feeding "trough" of sorts (takes some time). Sounds like a plan, though.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Andrew is absolutely right on this one. That's why so many folks use very small (20 gallon or less) tanks for pony's.
Doc :D
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Hmmm....guesss the seahorses will livw in the 20 gallon and the 60 cube will be my next reef tank. :D That has possibiliyies doesnt it?

Eli