New Pics of tank

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

New Pics of tank

Post by Amphiprion »

It's been a while since I have posted any pics. These are pretty new--July 2nd (yes, I couldn't program the camera's date properly--should be 7/02/07 :lol:). All pics are under 6-54w overdriven T5 lamps.

full tank shot:

Clownfish and anemone:

Potter's angelfish (going strong for a bit over a year :D) who wouldn't cooperate with the camera:
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
HCJohn
Amoeba

Post by HCJohn »

Man thats beautiful. That anemone is gorgeous...and is that in a 75gallon tank? Man I gotta get a bigger tank. :)
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Great pics, Andrew. Even the one you blamed on the poor angelfish. :lol:

I like the lighting.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

HCJohn, thanks. Sue, I had to blame my poor camera skills on someone other than myself :lol: . I like the lighting also. It has worked out extremely well and I like the balanced look versus what the VHOs gave me. Good stuff.
Andrew

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I forgot to give descriptions to some of the stuff. Most of the corals you see in the pic are Pocillopora that has spawned (eggs and all). Except for the big one right in the front, they all started off as nearly microscopic planulae and grew into those corals. The mother colony was a little ORA frag--same for the large Montipora on the left. The one Acropora I have left (rest taken over by said Pocillopora) is just a green slimer--all common stuff. The only noteworthy corals, though, are the red open brain and large bubble coral, which I have had for around 12 years. I already mentioned lighting, but circulation is provided by a modded Tunze 6100, 2 modded Tunze Nanostream 6025s, and a mag 12 for return (Seio on left side replaced by nanostreams).
Andrew

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

You know what you need in that tank? A nice Pocillopora frag. :lol: :P
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

sb1227 wrote:You know what you need in that tank? A nice Pocillopora frag. :lol: :P
Bleh, tell me about it :lol: . If I had known what it would end up doing to me, I would never have bought the stuff. I usually recommend most people to AVOID it if at all possible. Maybe if it had been the pinkish variety I would have been a bit happier, but this is green and brown (just like the rest of ORA's green pocillopora). Oh well. I will be breaking the tank apart in the next few months for new floors, so 99% of those colonies WILL be going.
Andrew

Marsfrogie
Amoeba

Post by Marsfrogie »

Very very nice. I like the relatively open look you have going on.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Thank you for the compliments. However, it is all gone, now. I just lost everything a few days ago. At least I still have pictures of it.
Andrew

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Amphiprion wrote:Thank you for the compliments. However, it is all gone, now. I just lost everything a few days ago. At least I still have pictures of it.
What happened ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

My female anemone spawned when I couldn't do anything about it. Even after several 100% water changes and a week later, it is still milky white.
Andrew

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Even after several 100% water changes and a week later, it is still milky white.
Incredible. Why, I wonder, hasn't it cleared up at all? Does that stuff get into the sandbed, rocks, etc.? Or do you think it's from the corals dying? I would think 100% water changes would clear some of that out....

Man, that so sucks....
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Sue, it is just now clearing up. Still smells. I think the reason it is lingering has to do with its chemical nature--the stuff is absolutely oily (and becomes waxy). It seems that makes it much harder to get rid of.
Andrew