B&B Pets AGA tank sale

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

opiy
Amoeba

B&B Pets AGA tank sale

Post by opiy »

I was trying to see who had the best prices on the AGA 120g tank and found out just a few minutes ago that All-Glass Aquariums is running a sale on their tanks until the end of the month. If you are looking for something give them a call and see what they have for price on the tank. The 120 is just over $100 less than what another store quoted me on price. I don't know if this is everywhere or just a local thing.

I just thought I would put that out there. Maybe someone was thinking of getting a sump or frag tank you might could benefit. Its not on just large tanks either. Bill was the guy I talked to but he didn't say it was a certain percent off.

Larry
Larry
My build thread http://tiny.cc/JYzXJ
Slowly building up my equpiment.
Rule of Coral Shopping: If you don't buy it when your see it, it will not be there when you come back.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: B&B Pets AGA tank sale

Post by Amphiprion »

Bill is the owner, fwiw. They have those sales from time to time.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

He sounds like a happy energetic guy on the phone :) Then the sale was perfect timing for me then. Maybe someone else can pick up something they have had their eye on also. I will likely try to get a small tank or two for sumps or quarantine or whatever.
Larry
Rule of Coral Shopping: If you don't buy it when your see it, it will not be there when you come back.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

So I stopped by B&B to see about this sale because I'm really looking for a 55-75 rr tank. Two employees said they know nothing about a sale except what they have in the store, which is no RR tanks other than the all in ones which I don't want. They went on to say they are having a hard time as it is in getting tanks.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

It sucks you ended up waisting a trip. When I talked to Bill he said that the talked to the rep that day (yesterday) or the previous evening. I am guessing they haven't got the prices in the system yet. He also told me that he would put the 120g "In the system" for me so all I had to do was ask about it and the price should reflect incase he wasn't there. If you can see if you can talk to Bill about it, he seemed like the kinda guy that will shoot you straight (my impression on the phone anyway).
Larry
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

Fishfood wrote: They went on to say they are having a hard time as it is in getting tanks.
He told me they get a truck weekly from the warehouse so it should take approximately 1 week from time of order, depending on when you order, to get the tank.
Larry
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

well it wasn't a wasted trip. I live 2 blocks away and got stuck at home with a sick baby today. Had to do something. It was just funny that two employees in the fish department didn't know about it and acted like they don't get aga(aqueaon) aquariums often. But to be honest I don't see the megaflow tanks at the store often. They had a bunch of non-drilled 75s. I'm guessing they only bring in the megaflows when someone orders one.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

Yea he told me they can't hold tanks long because they lack the floor space. You didn't happen to see a 30g breeder tank by chance while you were there?
Larry
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I didn't really look at the tanks. Just saw a bunch of 75s sitting on the floor.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

You wouldn't happen to know the measurements on the 75g tanks would you. Might make a good sump for me if the size was right. Also, how much were they?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I think they were the standard 75's, which are 48x18x20ish. They were $119
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Progressive said they can get me a tank for a better price than B&B. We will see when the price quote comes in.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

I dont' think Progressive buys from AGA or Marineland though. If you are brand specific you may want to check who the tank is made by and if there is any kind of warranty. I could be wrong though.
Larry
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

They actually have an Aqueon (AGA) 65 tub sitting on the floor next to the center rock tank. Unfortionatly it was undrilled or I might have gotten it already. They should be making an order next week.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I just wanted to point out that B&B stated no plumbing in the qoute they game me. Now I take that to mean the prefab standpipes that come with the AGA/Aqueaon Megaflow tanks. The price I got from Progressive did include that stuff. I'm assuming if they give the standpipes they also include the bulkheads but I don't know.