Needed: Rio 600 or similar with venturi.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Needed: Rio 600 or similar with venturi.

Post by Scott »

My skimmer pump went out and I need something even if only temporarily. If anyone has a powerhead with a venturi that is similar to the Rio 600 or a Maxijet please let me know. It is for a CPR Bakpak.

Thanks,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I should have a RIO you can borrow.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Is it a venturi model? Mine has two hose connections that are on the impeller housing.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

Scott,

how much does a RIO 600 pump? I have a CA that pumps 220 with the venturi hookup.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

No Scott mine has some attachment for a hose addon.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
HCJohn
Amoeba

Post by HCJohn »

Scott, if you havent found one yet, Ive got one that came out of a Bakpac you can have. I bought the skimmer used and just wanted to put a new one in it before I got too far along. It worked perfect though.

Im in Mississippi though, but would be more than willing to meet you somewhere. YOu have helped me before, the least I can do. You can call me on my cell at 228-669-3998.

Good luck
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I would like to thank everyone for the offers, but thanks to Jeff (finaddict) I was able to modify my CPR with a Maxijet and it works better now than it ever has. I asked him to post it in the DIY section so that it will be available to anyone that may need it.

John, you may want to try this mod. You may have to figure a way to muffle the sound from the airline but you would not believe the difference it made on mine. Just take the small strainer and long cone that came with the Maxijet and cut or drill a hole so that you can feed an airline into it. Put the airline as close as you can to the impellar and put the Maxijet output into the inlet on the skimmer. Put a valve on the other end of the airline and fire it up. I had to adjust it just barely open to get a chamber full of bubbles.