We have been hacked

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I for one have used the Chatbox one time and would probably never use it again. The Statistic is kind of cool, but if you have to get rid of it, oh well.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

The chat never quite worked like it was suppose to, it seemed like a good idea when it was asked for but didn't get used due to delay I guess. Looks like he has most stuff up and going- it has basically taken him all weekend though.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I for one, thank you Kevin for all your efforts!
Karen
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Jahdiel wrote:I for one, thank you Kevin for all your efforts!
I'll second that!! Thanks for such a great site. One question, why do people do the "hacking" thing? What do they gain from this?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

They like showing a website weakness. Honestly though you can stop some of the obvious attempts and patch those issues but you can NEVER stop a hacker completely. If they work hard enough they always find a way in. One thing they cannot kill though are backups.......
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Sounds really pointless. By the way, LOVE the signature. Watch that sticky icky, that's tha dizzle foshizzle my nizzle.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

What can i say, I love Snoop. Thanks for the kind comments, as long as you can put up with the board i will keep it running.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I would like to again thank all who keep this club and board running.....the key is the great people we have in our club and those who give so freely of their time.....The board is the lifeline of our club and many thanks again for the hard work....Cheer....Cheer... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes I would also like to applaud the ones that stick around through all of the boring times. We have some people that have been around since the beginning. Scott, Brandon, Shagman, Reeferpuffer, Shawn, etc have been around and stuck around from the first day. Hobbies come and go but we seem to stick with it and keep this beast running.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

ADDICTS!

I don't always sign on, but I look at it throughout the day.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I don't contribute much and haven't been to a meeting yet but I was the 9th person on the forum. I'll troll this place for some time to come. As far as meetings. With driving to Daphne every day for work I'm just not up for it on the weekends. Since the tank should be up within the next 2 months I might have more of a reason to make a meeting to get frags. Or you all can drop me a line when you come to pensacola.... "Brandon"... :D Keep a hold of those frags for me.. I will get them soon if you don't make it to pensacola sometime soon.

Drew
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I made the first page of the members list! :wink:
Wind me up!