WTB: Liverock

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Breadman
Amoeba

WTB: Liverock

Post by Breadman »

Well, we finally bought a house (we close next week) so I can upgrade from my 18 gallon nano to something a little bigger. :D I'm looking at either a 75 or 100 gallon and need a good source of live rock. Here the local LFS sells it for 6.99 per pound and doesn't have a lot in stock. Is there anywhere in Mobile or New Orleans that has some good deals on live rock?
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

If you have the place or time to cure it the best place is E-bay. I think you can get a 45 lb box for 160 shipped. I am not sure about local prices. Rich at Progressive Marine used to have base rock. It was about half as much as live rock.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

I would agree with Ebay we have bought quite a bit of live rock from there, both cured and not cured and it is great.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Pass Rd Pets and James in D'Iberville usually have it for $5lb, Pass Rd Pets may be $5.99 but he would prob cut you a deal if you buy more than 10lbs. or so.

Joe
Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

Thanks for the help. I've just been looking on ebay and it looks like that is the place to buy from.
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

Just to let ya know, we sell live rock at $5 a pound, cured. We have about 200 pounds in stock at the moment. Also if you havent bought your tank yet, I have a 75G with glass tops for $160, and also a 100G with natural oak stand and glass tops for $379.

Thanks
Chris
Fat Fish
626-0926
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

Thanks for all the help everyone, but I think I've finally bought everything I need. Man is it easy to sit here and spend money online. :D I'll be posting details of the new tank I'm planning for your feedback.