Live Aquaria

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Live Aquaria

Post by sb1227 »

I'm going to have to give a big thumbs up for these guys. I've been a customer of Foster and Smith for ten years or so, for all my animals, though I tend to go with a few other places as well for dry good aquatic stuff. Anyway, I've had my eye on a particular Leptastrea on Divers den for awhile and finally decided to order it Wednesday.
I won't go into it, but there was a mix up on shipping info, and the package sat at Fed Ex (I go to Pensacola to pick up shipments) an extra day, including last night when it was freezing. I hoped they would keep in in the office (which they did), when we opened the box, it was packed in many bags, lots of water, styrofoam peanuts (good insulation) and three heat packs. The water was still warm and the coral wasn't stressed in the least.
The mix up was an understandable one, the people I talked to were great, and the packing was incredible.
I most definately recommend them. :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Been dealing with these guys forever now, since they were petwarehouse.com and had the great great experience with them.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Glad that it came through OK! Now if someone I know would only worry half as much about herself.... :roll:
Doc :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

You know, doc....you'd make someone a good wife. :lol: :P
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Comes from years of living with three women. I learned to follow their example. :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Any of them in there teens 10+ ? That is when they start acting like Linda Blair.

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I don't know........some of us start early, practice, you know. :twisted: I think I was about eight when I started to look like that.

It only got worse, of course. :lol:
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

BTW, here's the new Leptastrea....It's getting a little too much flow there, gonna have to move it. It has many little critters hanging out in it.
Attachments
Leptastrea1.jpg
Leptastrea1.jpg (73.09 KiB) Viewed 8751 times
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Youngest one hasn't been a teen on over 10 years. However, over all the years most of my hair fell out. Even though I'm only 58, there are days they make me feel like 85!!!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

DrHank wrote:Youngest one hasn't been a teen on over 10 years. However, over all the years most of my hair fell out. Even though I'm only 58, there are days they make me feel like 85!!!
From your avatar I would say more than hair has fallen out.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

LOL!!!
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

No, I'm by no means skin and bones (quite the opposite). I just work on bones almost every day so I thought it appropriate!