TUNZE NANOSTREAM MOD :D

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

TUNZE NANOSTREAM MOD :D

Post by Amphiprion »

I ordered a couple of the Tunze Nanostream 6025s and found this convenient thread on RC (I linked to the pics that explain them):

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... genumber=8

You can mod these small pumps with a few simple dremel cuts to go from 660 gph to 1200+gph. They are ~$62 per pump, but worth it. BTW, it only voids the warranty on the front piece, which only costs $10 to replace if you want to do so. I will try to get some pics sometime soon to show how I did it. I HIGHLY recommend this to people who want to replace their bulky Seios. I used 2 mods to replace my Seio 1500, giving me somewhere in the ballpark of 100x turnover. Everything is loving the new flow!
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Isn't it amazing what people who have time on their hands and don't want to spend money can come up with. :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

And how quickly they do it. :lol:

Pretty neat little mod, though. I didn't read the whole thread. Did it go from removing the plastic on the top inside to just cutting slits or holes to pull in more water?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

sb1227 wrote:And how quickly they do it. :lol:

Pretty neat little mod, though. I didn't read the whole thread. Did it go from removing the plastic on the top inside to just cutting slits or holes to pull in more water?
Yep, that is all that has to be done. The normal mod is to remove the inner tube, then the other is simply the slits. Makes a huge difference. The best of all is that it won't void the entire pump, just that front strainer. Very simple, very easy, and worthwhile.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium