How low does your Ph have to go.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

What Ph level do you think you have to drop below before your fish start dying?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:11 am

<8.3
No votes
<8.2
No votes
<8.1
No votes
<8.0
No votes
<7.9
33%
<7.8
17%
<7.7
No votes
<7.6
17%
<7.5
No votes
<7.4
33%

Total votes: 6

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

:oops:
Karen
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I agree with what you are saying Oldsalty. I just thought it was odd that someone from a pet store, that say that he has been in the reef business for years, would say that my fish died because my ph was 8.0.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Don't even consider it anymore, never watch numbers.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
old salty
Amoeba

Post by old salty »

there are a lot of people in the pet store business that don't know crap.
One thing they all have in common is that they always have something to sell you to fix any problem.

If the fish was swiming upright in the bag when you left the store it must have died from something you did. Your water quality is bad. Never mind that all your other fish in the tank are alive and well.

Has anyone ever returned to the store with a dead fish and heard the salesman say this: "Yea that's definitely cyanide poisoning. See that all the time. looks like we sold you a another bad one. Just go over there and pick out a new one on us." :o
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Old Salty I get that from every sales person that I talk to. If one dies I always get to pick me out a new fish with no charge. Yeah right, if that ever did happen then I would be very surprised.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I will say I get most my fish from Reefer Madness... little bit more money but he has always replaced or given credit on next order....He does this on the next order because of shipping cost....He has free shipping built in ....if I paid shipping he would ship then...