say it three times: Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

say it three times: Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy

Post by ShagMan »

I'm 27, and have a form of arthritis!

This started with my hips/tailbone, and feet had been irritated/painful/swollen. My regular doc put me on vioxx and then celebrex, and finally gave up on me... I went to a rhumatologist and got diagnosed... My sed rate was at 35 (regular is up to 5?) and the other inflamitory test was 7 times normal as well... so doc suspected what was wrong, and did a gene test for HLA-B27... and bingo, I have that gene marker. So, I'm taking two Celebrex a day, and I'm starting treatment with sulfasalazine, 2 times a day, and slowly working up to 4 times a day. Have to have blood tests done every month to make sure the drug works OK with my system.

There's good info here: http://www.dynomed.com/encyclopedia/enc ... thies.html

Hopefully this drug can knock it out... doc said that chances were very good that I can beat it, and that in most cases, there's no permenant damage/degradation of joints, just lots of inflamitory pain.
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Is this the disease that is prevalent in children but does effect some adults. If it is i also know someone else that has it and battling it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Sorry to hear that...however I'm sure it's nice to know what it is and how to battle it.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Ouch! I am really sorry to hear this. Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya'!

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Yep found out this is the same exact thing she has, and actually the doctor has her on the same medication. I am sure you will pull through fine Josh, just keep a positive outlook and do everything you can on your part.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I am sorry to here that.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Getting old sucks unless you are exactly 15 or 20. Nuff said.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "