Katrina Verses Ivan

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Katrina Verses Ivan

Post by Jahdiel »

I just had to share this with you all. Our lab, Zoe, that most met at our meeting, turned a year old. She is an Ivan survivor. Born under a trailer, what had to be the day before or the day of the storm. For some reason the mother moved all of the puppies but 2. Only one survive, and she came to live with us.
We also were excited to later get our little, now 4 lb, malti-poo called Mercedes, Sadie for short.
I was so happy that at last we had our lab for security, and little lap dog also. Well time began to show that this could be a real problem. We could not get the lab under control. She would just jump ontop of everyone and anything. She would not follow comands to save her life. I walked around with bruises all the time.Talk about ADHD! The day came that we had to find her another home. I was informed of a young couple in mobile that was wanting a lab so bad because of the lose of another one. Thinking this had to be the right family for her, I handed her and all her babies, (stuffed animals), treats, brushes, combs, and tooth brush over to them. That was a week before Katrina, the same week we had to put our Rotties down. Talk about hard, we walked away with tears in the eyes that day!
Well Katrina hits, and alls we can think about is, how is our little girl doing? She is so terrified of storms, we feel because she some how remembers from when she was a puppy with Ivan.
With our daughter and her fiance going through what they were, we changed our thoughts to what they were dealing with. AND THEN!
I recieved a call one week after the storm, saying, "I have your dog, she just showed up, and I was afraid she was going to be hit so I tied her up and called the number on her tag. Her name is Zoe"
I am sure you can guess the rest of the story. Our daughter, Kevin, and their 2 dogs are safe and staying here. We are smiling ear to ear, because they are safe and here, with us, Sadie, and our ADHD Zoe! :wink:
I love a happy ending. :D
Karen