Looking for a 75 or 90 Gal tank and stand

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

ChemESGH
Amoeba

Looking for a 75 or 90 Gal tank and stand

Post by ChemESGH »

Hi all, I currently have a 55 gal, but would like to upgrade to a 75 or 90. I'm trying to stick with something that maintains a 4' length as I upgraded my lights a few weeks back with a 48" single fixture. If you know anyone that's trying to get rid of a tank around these sizes, feel free to send them my way! :D

Also I may consider a 100 gal that's 5' long and just hang my lighting fixture over it. I appreciate everyone's help!
Last edited by ChemESGH on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax and enjoy it!
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

My, that didn't take long..... :lol:
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

There have been a couple in the paper and thifty nickel (or whatever its called now) pretty cheap.
ChemESGH
Amoeba

Post by ChemESGH »

sb1227 wrote:My, that didn't take long..... :lol:

LOL yeah, the biggest pain in my backside has been accessing my sump and skimmer. With the 55 only being 13" wide, space is extremely tight under there, has been a pain when trying to clean, do water changes etc. I'm just tired of the hardship......and it's not that hard for me to convince myself I need a bigger tank...lol!

I have it partially planned out already. I'm going to go to a 20 or 30 gal sump once I find a tank and stand, and can use the equipment I currently have since I 2x-3x upsized on everything when setting my 55 up 2 years ago. I can just do a straight switch from my tank to the new, will just need to add a little more sand and probably some more rock in the future.

Btw, those candy cane polyps I got from you are getting big! A few more of them are starting to split as well. :D
Last edited by ChemESGH on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax and enjoy it!
ChemESGH
Amoeba

Post by ChemESGH »

Redfish wrote:There have been a couple in the paper and thifty nickel (or whatever its called now) pretty cheap.

I'm just now looking there. I had been looking on craigslist, and there was a 75 with stand there for $125, but it was sold by the time I saw the ad. Fortunately I'm not in a big rush so I'll just wait for the right tank at the right price! :)
Relax and enjoy it!
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

i have a 75 that i will be moving out of in the next month or two.
ChemESGH
Amoeba

Post by ChemESGH »

I actually got a 95 gal this past Tuesday from a fellow reefer in Destin. I appreciate the offer though! :)
Relax and enjoy it!
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Hey, congradulations! Is it all set up yet??? :P
ChemESGH
Amoeba

Post by ChemESGH »

Not yet! :) I have finished thoroughly cleaning it, and planning how I'm going to plumb the sump and closed loop. Now I have a big weekend project ahead of me. I did fill it up this morning with the water hose to check for leaks out on the patio, hopefully that will check out this afternoon when I get home from work. It's going to be a fun weekend! :D
Relax and enjoy it!