Blue Moon

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I don't think they would look as good facing into the refector. I love how the make stuff glow in the tank. You can get a 24 volt transformer at radio shack that is rated I think at 1000 ma, so you don't have to put so many leads. You are going to have to put 4 lead each with a resister with a 24volt if you run 6 leds on each lead. You will just be under you Ma rating at 960ma.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I just found a CHMSL assembly for a Tahoe. It has 15 LED's. I am trying to figure out if I can just solder new LED's in place, but the resistance doesn't seem right. There are 5 sets of 3 LED's (parallel circuits) that join and go to three parallel circuits that each have one 15 ohm resistors, after they join there are two parallel circuits that each have 2 5 ohm resistors and each has one diode. Using a 12 V power source I will have like 35mA through each LED. I think I can use a 6V power source though to ge tthe 20 mA. Total circuit rsistance is only 10.1 ohms. The circuit is kind of hard to describe, so I will try and get it scanned so I can post it here. Has anyone tried 15 LED's?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Some of the super bright ones are good for 40ma peak , so it might be right.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Jason, thanks for the blue moon lights man, it looks good. I just put it over my tank the angled it 45 degrees down and towards the front. It looks good!!!!! I just need to figure out for to permanently mount it now. :lol: :) :lol: Thanks again!!! I owe you one!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

How long did it take for the lights to come in.. I just ordered 100 of the led's. Was wondering how long it took to get the leds after pay pal sent the money.. Thanks terry
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

If he sends it right away, it will be 5 business days max.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Got a confirmation on my light order today and tracking #. I ordered 100 led's if anyone needs some.I think I am going to use about 50 on two tanks both 240gal reefs. If my math is correct that leaves 50 bulbs. I ended up paying $.65 each including shipping. Also I got a 12volt / 3amp power supply for $23 which should handle a few more lights. Bulbs should be here by end of the wk.. What did you use to mount the lights with. and where did you purchase?
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I got a piece of clear plastic corner molding from home depot. You can get it in the wall paper/window shade department. They come in 4ft and 8ft sections. Cost about .50cent a foot. It's just 3/4 clear plastic angle, easy to cut and drill.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Sounds great..Thanks..terry
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

I understand it all easy and everything, but if somebody makes me on for a 75g I will pay them :)
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...