sony psp portable

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

110chadman
Copepod

sony psp portable

Post by 110chadman »

well today is the day for the new psp play station portable hits the street i here they are going like hotcakes

any one gonna get it or wait till the price drops at xmas its now at 250

i bet it will drop to 200 by xmas or walmart will make them drop the price

gotta love walmart

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I bought a GBA SP a year ago, and hardly ever used it, the game prices are too high, and not enough play time... I stick to a few of the more-playtime games on PS2 like GTA San Andreas and GT4, you will easily get 150++ hours of gameplay on each of those, and I can play 'em on a huge 55" TV :) GT4 even plays in HD (1080i). I also play the occasional PC game... that's about it... I'm more into movies lately anyway :)

The specs on the PSP are pretty amazing, I have to say... major step up from anything out currently that's handheld.
-Josh Murrah
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

Another GT4 fan!!! I have been playing this game non-stop since it was released. But that PSP looks pretty cool, the commercials show it having MP3 capabilities and I wonder about MPG's and other video formats. May be kind of cool to integrate into a car stereo system.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

i think there is some sony format that you have to use for the video and audio is ther atrac system i think but most of that is stored on the memory stick pretty pricy for a mp3 player !!!! but it does look cool

i have to go out and buy a ps2 just for the gt4 iv got an xbox now but i have always been a ps fan or ill go out and buy the game for my brother - in -law so i can play it !!!

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

xbox all the way...ps2 and psp's suck :D
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

I agree that the Xbox is the better system, but you just can't beat the Gran Turismo series as far as racing games go
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yeah, GT4 kicks major booty... I have 60-80 hours into it and I'm only 10% complete heheheh... great stuff, especially in 1080i on a 55" HDTV and the dolby surround pumping out the music :)
-Josh Murrah
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

Man, I have no idea how many hours I've played for. I think I'm at around 29% complete with about 60+ cars. Think I'm hooked?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yep you're hooked :)

My bro-inlaw picked up a PSP, and took it back the next day... he said it was pretty kickass, but there's very few games for it right now, plus the UMD movies are expensive... he felt like it'd be a major money drain, and decided to take it back. He said he might would buy one a year from now when there's lots of cool games for it maybe.
-Josh Murrah