Disposing of used oil ?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Disposing of used oil ?

Post by snoopdog »

Ok so I change my own oil in both the cars, I also do everything else that I can do in my own garage, brakes, etc. So now I have a build-up of old used oil, in various jugs. Where can i drop this stuff off at ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

In a ditch on the side of the road.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Any parts house.. Advanced Auto, Autozone, Oriellys, etc.. they have a big vat in the back you go back there and dump it into it.. Just ask them where it is.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Oh cool, thank you Grasshoppa
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Personally I use the dumpster ... But the ditch works.

I think it's all a bunch of crap anyway. Okay ... I'm aware of all the bellyachin' about recycling and all that hoopla. But I don't use "recycled" oil, therefore, it won't help me tomorrow.

Plus, most places "charge" you to dump it there. Then they are gonna sell it to somebody else. The guy's gettin paid twice for the same oil.

The dumpster and the ditch are free.

If it makes you feel better, put it around the fench to kill the grass that you have to weedeat now.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

The neighbors yard, for you Snoop it's the guy across the street.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Yeah ... Put it in that gay little bird bath with the chrome ball in it. :twisted:
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

who would guess that Guardnanny would use the word gay ................
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Guardfather wrote:Yeah ... Put it in that gay little bird bath with the chrome ball in it. :twisted:
I never see that guy anymore, he never comes outside. Yay !!
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Ya know, just throwing your oil on the ground or ditch somewhere is just pretty sorry and lazy. What's so hard about stopping by autozone and dumping your 5 gallon container out in a bin? We're all pretty much wetlands around here, and it doesn't take but a little bit of oil to pollute the land & water. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh, but what if everyone had this sort of attitude? It does a lot of good for our already polluted waterways.

I have never seen anyplace charge to take your oil. Someone somewhere might charge for it, but the auto places I've been to just point to the container in the back and say to help myself.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Do what i do. Pour it on a burn pile.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

And this is oil change weekend. While I do not follow Donkeys mental path (redneck), they burn everything around them, I will stop buy and drop off the 8 gallons of oil I have acquired.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

I may be a sorry, lazy redneck ... But I think Donkey and I just got smacked.

Besides, in today's world, tell me something we, as citizens of this planet, do consume that doesn't cause cancer! Our own doctors and drug companies are killing us faster than we can kill ourselves. And charging outrageous prices for doing so. Nobody bitches about that.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I think there are just a pile of people getting paid outrageous amounts of money to do surveys. They recently found that fat does not matter in heart disease studies done in the past.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01534.html
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Guardbaby what is up with you and the babble shit you have been adding to each repy? Blah Blah Blah