Typhoon 5 RODI

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

ladyofthedeep
Amoeba

Typhoon 5 RODI

Post by ladyofthedeep »

I am going to purchase an RODI typhoon 5 system online with all of the extras for 187.00. I have the cash....If anyone has a good used or new one for less than that......please contact me soon. I can get free SH by June 30. I want it NOW!!!!! ( as always.....don't we all!!??!!).
Last edited by ladyofthedeep on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Typhoon 5 RIDO

Post by Amphiprion »

We have several used ones at the shop--can't give you any specifics, since I can't really remember at the moment. All are RO/DI with auto-shutoff valves. Conversely, if you want a new one, you can also check out http://www.bulkreefsupply.com, which has 4 stage units that are extremely affordable. You don't really need the added carbon block, which is redundant for the most part. If you replace every 6 mos. or sooner, you should be fine with a single carbon block. There are some carbon blocks rated at 20000 gallons, which last quite a while, also. The important things are a sediment, a single carbon filter, RO membrane, and one or more DI cartridges. If you still want the 5 stage, airwaterice still has the cheapest prices.

One other note is to make sure you purchased a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter, preferably a dual one. That way you can monitor post RO quality and post DI quality. Makes a big difference.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
ladyofthedeep
Amoeba

Re: Typhoon 5 RODI

Post by ladyofthedeep »

If you get the info 2 me before tuesday, I can take a look at what you have at the shop...Thanks Drew, Carol
ladyofthedeep
Amoeba

Post by ladyofthedeep »

I found what I was looking for...as usual.....Thanks, Carol
ms.kilowatt
Amoeba

Post by ms.kilowatt »

I am looking for a used typhoon 5 ro/di. Anyone have any?