FS: 98 Mercury Mountaineer

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

FS: 98 Mercury Mountaineer

Post by ShagMan »

Sorry for the offtopic post, but I'm trying a few "free" avenues before paying $50+ for the newspaper or online listings :( I'm selling this because it's large/unwieldy for the two of us, and DRINKS gas due to the v8... I'm going to buy a mid-90's Miata with most of the $$ I get from the sale. I'm the vehicle's second owner, and it's IMMACULATE. The original owner (an older lady) bought it new, drove it for 85k miles, and traded it in at Springhill Toyota, where I bought it.

98 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
5.0 V8
towing package (3.73 limited-slip rearend, class III towbar, reciever w/ 1 7/8" and 2" balls, wiring for u-haul and 4 pin flat plug)
white / grey two-tone
factory 5 spoke steel/chrome wheels, the wheels and the center caps are chrome, and the tires are mostly new.
grey leather front & back
rear A/C / radio/CD controls
factory in-dash tape/CD with the "premium" audio setup, includes a factory "typhoon" subwoofer built into one of the sides of the rear area.
moonroof
roof rack
power everything
umpteen-way power driver's seat, both seats have inflatable lumbar support.
two original keys, two original keyfobs (factory keyless entry/alarm/etc)
truck has 95k miles, I bought it with 86k miles, and have had zero trouble with it since that time.
I have replaced sparkplugs, sparkplug wires and air filter, and do oil changes every 3k miles.

I'm asking $8500 for it. The trade-in is $7,225 private party is $8,830, the retail is over $11,525... I see 'em going for $9k all day long in the paper. I paid cash for the truck, so title is clear and on-hand.
-Josh Murrah
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I have this truck listed in autotrader and in the newspaper, but don't have any takers at this point. I have it listed for $8200 OBO. Sweet deal for somebody that's looking for a lightly used SUV!

-Josh Murrah
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Hey Josh. Try putting it on ebay. Its not to expensive and if you have a digital camera take some shots. I've sold one of my vehicles on there and the guy come all the way from kentucky to pick it up. List it for 9000 obo. Thats a sweet looking ride I wouldn't try to cut yourself short. Or better yet the shopper its free and more people look at it to buy stuff than the paper. I get it every wed and read it like the bible. If you need any help with the ebay thing let me know. I have bought and sold several things there.

Later bud Good luck
Jeff
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Not too expensive??? $43 to post it (doubt it'll sell) and another $40 if it sells. That's two month's advertising in teh paper! heheheh... I posted it anyway, I really want to get this thing sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2454448251
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah but $80 is nothing on 10K and you are reaching alot more people on Ebay. It is not uncommon to sell something on Ebay and have people come pick it up from anywhere. I know alot of people that buy campers and stuff off Ebay from just about anywhere. Brandon recently purchased a Jag off Ebay.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Yeah 80 bucks isn't nothing when you can sell it faster. I've took my share of losses just to get rid of it. Never had any bad problems with ebay so far, lets just hope it stays that way.

Jeff
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I've bought 2 cars off ebay.. drove 515 miles(one-way) for the xj6 and 468(one-way) for ths xjs.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Farthest I drove was to north carolina. Drove like a dream the whole way back without a problem and still driving it today. Can't beat the ebay thing just have to watch out for the people selling junk.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

Dont get Josh wrong. We have sold many many MANY items on ebay. We just want to sell the truck but no one wants it. Bottom line. I sold our bowflex on ebay! It's not ebay. It's the product.

Deanna
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I have sold a tremendous amount of junk on Ebay and bought maybe 30 items total. Thought I had researched one of my sellers real well even looked at his feedback. Well he was changing to an alias that he raped people with. Well I purchased an intake for my Eclipse from him and never saw it. After emailing some of the unfortunate buyers they also did not recieve there stuff and gave me his "other" Ebay name where he had like a -30 feedback. Soon he will change his alias back to his positive Ebay name. There are a ton of scammers on Ebay especially ones that funnel there money through foreign accounts and hire middle men to do there shipping, unknown to the people they hire. I have done some reading on the latest Ebay scams and not suprised the FBI is not doing more to protect the consumer.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

What a joke! The auction only went up to $3500 or so. That was a total waste of $43. That's the first and last car I sell on eBay heh...

P.S. I've sold ~40 or so items on eBay (some over $1k)... so nothing against eBay in general, but this was definitely a joke.
-Josh Murrah
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Welp, I sold the truck.
-Josh Murrah