EMERGENCY!!!!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

EMERGENCY!!!!

Post by reeferpuffer »

well, i treated with saliferts flat worm exit produst yeaterday due to the over amount of flatworms, and needless to say, i lost almost all my stonies, most all of my fish, inverts, and its a total disaster, i need help imediatly!! is there anyone out there who i can bring my frags that are hanging on to someones house to keep them alive who has metal halides??? i need to get these guys ok, after the new tank is completely setup (which will be in 2-3 week), i'll take them back and i'll gladly pay to keep my loves alive...and also, when they grow out, i will frag amy of them as payment also, i need someone to help me asap, this is killing me watching them die slowly infront of me and cant do anything about it. when i used the product i did it exactly as directed, i did like 4 small water changes over an all day period and also am running carbon like crazy, them parameters are ok, but i think it a crock of shit product! :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :x :x :x :censored:
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

YOU can not frag me for payment- I like you and all but that is asking alot......
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

lol...i mean any
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Dude, that is why I have not tried it yet..cause I'm scared that very thing will happen......that sucks. :cry:

Man, you are welcome to bring any you need to over here..You know I will take as best care of em as I can.

Did all the flat worms die? Did the water cloud up with toxins? Did you run the skimmer during that time and if so did it gum up with toxins? Could it have been the make up water or a new salt?

Either way let me know if there is anything I can do to help...I have makeup water and some extra salt on hand if you need me to store you some.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I can take a few. I am running low on space in the 55, but they will get plenty of light. I don't know how quickly you need to get rid of them. I can't really come to Daphne anytime soon. Let me know.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I do not know how big they are but you can place them in my sand bed. I also can help you out with some more carbon if you need some. I have a 5gal bucket. it might be too far for you to come. I would also doing a large water change...like 50%
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Sorry no Halides here but otherwise I would say yes. Welcome to come get RO water if you are in a pinch though.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

have some ro water also if needed
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Another thought is Peter Yo..He has those large tubs couple are almost empty. You could give him a call. He might either let you use the space for free or rent..between the two of you...His cell is 228-249-9990
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

guys, i do thank you so much, im off tomorrow, and i'll take you up on baby sitting these fellas...scott and shawn....i'll call yall tomorrow, im to much of a mess to do anything right this second :cry:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I have a huge 70 gallon stock tank outside going to waste, fill it up with water and give them light, wala instant home. Just a thought :lol:
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Sorry about you whole episode. but I am willing to help in anyway if possible. :( I honestly think it is the toxins being released by the dying flatworms. I do not think it is the product itself. Good luck and holler if you need anything.
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

Xster wrote:Sorry about you whole episode. but I am willing to help in anyway if possible. :( I honestly think it is the toxins being released by the dying flatworms. I do not think it is the product itself..
From what I've read, it sounds like Xster speaks truth..I wish I could help, I just cant hold much at this point....
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

evermann wrote:
Xster wrote:Sorry about you whole episode. but I am willing to help in anyway if possible. :( I honestly think it is the toxins being released by the dying flatworms. I do not think it is the product itself..
From what I've read, it sounds like Xster speaks truth..I wish I could help, I just cant hold much at this point....
Yeah, like a dog dying when you give him heartworm treatment too fast... all the worms clog the heart and the dog dies :(

My heart definietly goes out to you... I'm still a week away from having a tank ready for you, sorry.
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

what did you end up doing? Did you get the tank stabalized. Did you get the corals placed somewhere safe?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "