New Members... Fresh Corals!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

New Members... Fresh Corals!

Post by KrazyPlace »

I was just looking over the list of members (I was looking for a guy who emailed me from New Orleans)... and I realized we have a bunch of new people!

I'd really like to hear from these guys (gals). I don't mean to insinuate any second meaning (you know, “us” being from the Deep South and everything), but our coral tanks are starting to become "inbred".

We’ve got 161 members, of which, 8 have signed up this month! If we could get a fraction of just the new members to attend the meeting, and maybe some of the old ones (John), then we could really get away from the incestuous cycle it appears we’re settling in to. All I’m saying is that I think we all pretty much have the same corals from the same people.

I’m not preaching over here or anything… I’ve been a hesitant frager myself up until now because my corals have been pretty darn small… But man, we might have some corals the new members have never had/seen before and vise-versa!

Let’s try to get some of the new guys to the next couple of meetings and introduce ourselves. When I joined everyone was REALLY friendly and many of you offered me free frags to get me going. Let's go the extra step and everyone (me too!) bring some frags to catch the newbies up to our level of variety! We can get all the "Ivan" victims restocked at the same time.

What do you guys think? Can we go from our usual generous selves to magnanimously charitable? (<-- Ya, I looked that one up in a dictionary... I'm not sure if the meaning is "on the money", but is sure feels/looks right and is fun to say!) :D
Wind me up!
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I'm glad you posted this. I was considering inviting folks from the New Orleans Club to the Nov meeting to see if we could get some new corals in the mix and maybe get rid of some we all have in abundance.

I need to try and get an approx head count from those planning to attend first, I don't want to over do it.

Joe
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

I am one of the new members, and would be glad to share, but I need to build it up a bit. I lost all do to Ivan, but I was able to look on the bright side. Ivan seems to be the only cure for aptasia (sp?).

Its getting back into shape fast, and as soon as I remember to buy batteries for my camera I will try to post some pics.

Nice to meet all of you guys btw.
Sean
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Yeah, ,maybe they have never seen Xenia. I could pawn.. er.. I mean... sell some of this super rare for a really good price to some of these new people.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Scott wrote:Yeah, ,maybe they have never seen Xenia. I could pawn.. er.. I mean... sell some of this super rare for a really good price to some of these new people.
Scott, you crack me up. I happen to like Xenia...send some to Louisiana.
Maybe I will try to come to the November meeting.

Elizabeth