New Corals Pics

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

New Corals Pics

Post by Xster »

Just wanted to share what my wife just got me.
Attachments
My Efflorenscens
My Efflorenscens
efflor.JPG (174.83 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

A. samoensis
Attachments
samoensis.JPG
samoensis.JPG (160.59 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

A. loripes
Attachments
loripes.JPG
loripes.JPG (137.21 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
Xster
Astrea snail

stag???

Post by Xster »

the last one for tonight
Attachments
stag-like.JPG
stag-like.JPG (106.31 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

The word envy comes to mind.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Man that efflo is SWEET! I like the samoensis a good bit too. If you wake up one morning and they are missing you can visit them at my house.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Yeah, I just hope that everything does well in my tank. *crossing fingers* That was main concern regarding wild colonies. :?
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I have personally not had the best of like with wild colonies :( so I am happy to let you have a go at it. I certainly want a frag though. I will be knocking on your door in about 6 months. I have a lot of water to fill! :D

Elizabeth

BTW....they are beautiful! :D
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Was the customer service at RM as good as I have heard? Did they call you after it arrived? Just wondering, I could never afford anything they sell.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

On my first order, Fed-ex dropped the box. The bottom was soaking wet. The pink table was a little bit damaged, a couple of pieces from one side broke off, probably 10%. Most likely, Fed-Ex guy dropped it on the truck. The table is still fine to this day. I called Chris from RM, and he gave me a $40 credit for my next order, no questions asked. The next order came, everything was fine. he called me in the afternoon of that day to see how everything arrived. Very nice people. If you have any questions, Chris will love to talk to you. every time I call him, it seems like he is constantly talking to customers. But he always call me back within 30 minutes.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

lzb3 wrote:I have personally not had the best of like with wild colonies :( so I am happy to let you have a go at it. I certainly want a frag though. I will be knocking on your door in about 6 months. I have a lot of water to fill! :D

Elizabeth

BTW....they are beautiful! :D
Liz, I can only begin to think about how long it is going to take to fill a 500 G tank. If everything grows well, I will be definitely do some fragging. That's one of my joys. MBRK will know first, most definitely.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I would like to see another picture of the loripes in a few weeks. I looks like it is slightly bleached, but when it recovers will be a nice color. What is that growing on your samoensis? In the picture it on the lower left hand side.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Scott wrote:I would like to see another picture of the loripes in a few weeks. I looks like it is slightly bleached, but when it recovers will be a nice color. What is that growing on your samoensis? In the picture it on the lower left hand side.
No problems on the new pic in a couple of weeks, but by then you will be at my house for the meeting, right? Regarding that growth, I think it was some kind of macroalgae, I can still see a little bit og it left. My tangs would get to it eventually.