Haddoni Carpet Anemone ($30)

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Haddoni Carpet Anemone ($30)

Post by Brandon »

I want this area back.. This bugger is in a section that I want to expand my ricordia collection in. When we first got him about 5 months ago, I originally placed it high on top of the rocks. it moved up and back down the rocks twice. I placed in the sand and it dug in and has not moved since then. It is approx 7" when at its widest. There is a porcelain/anemone crab living in it that has never left it. I bought the crab the same weekend and dropped him on the anemone and he never left it since then. I would like to try and keep the crab if it is going to be possible to separate him without hurting the anemone. I will probably have to distract him with food when he is barely hanging on and net him.
I paid $59 when it was smaller.. I would like $30 and can probably deliver to Mobile on the weekend when we run to town. Or will trade for something else reef-related. A hunk of live rock, test kits, etc...
Let me repeat.. I want to keep the Crab, unless someone wants to buy him w/ the anemone.. He's too cool to give away :)

This is not long after we got him

He gets flat a lot of times like this...

The most current Picture... I can't get a good angle on him to get a clear shot, they come out distored because of the glass.

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I would honestly buy him but we are about 0 and 10 on Anemone. I said no more along time ago. Now if Amy pipes in and wants it her word is gold. I would be more inclined to buy yours though since it is Aquacultured in a sense.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Guy is way to big for our tanks although I would love to have him.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

SOLD, you should hvae PM'd me, you knew I wanted him :) I'll take him w/out the crab, but what would I have to offer to get the crab with him?

I get paid on Friday, so sometime this weekend would be great :)
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Cool beans.. I can have my little area back. We could probably work out something on the crab, the crab's gonna be might pissed if I try and take him off anyways. I paid $20 for him at Waterworld... is 1/2 price at $10 good?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

$10 works for me... hit me up so we can meet up or you can come over, this weekend, 251-533-9265... we're just gonna be hanging out AFAIK.
-Josh Murrah
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Don't forget to use gloves when you lift that carpet out... Mike @ Waggy had some stories about carpet anemones causing stings/rashes on his arms.
-Josh Murrah
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wanted to say THANKS Brandon, the anemone and crab are in and they look beautiful together... I'll get a better pic when he's more spread out. I've been wanting one of these anemones ever since I visited over at Terry and Cliff's.
Attachments
IMG_0807-small.JPG
IMG_0807-small.JPG (85.42 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Glad to have the room back.. you've got twice the volume I do, so much more room.. I had zero room on the tank bed. He will look like hell for the next couple of days, but will recover. Don't feed him for the first week and he will do fine. Hope he settles in good for you.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Woohoo, he's already looking happy... his mouth is still "open/loose", but he's spreading out a lot now, and he's pushed his foot most of the way down through my 5" or so sandbed (!!) The anemone crab is SO entertaining to watch too, especially when he's filter feeding.

P.S. The pictures don't do justice... I didn't understand why Brandon couldn't get good pics , but now I see, it's hard to get hte right angle w/out the glass distorting it.
Attachments
IMG_0816-small.JPG
IMG_0816-small.JPG (74.28 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
IMG_0815-small.JPG
IMG_0815-small.JPG (45.3 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Excellent! He dug in fast. Mr. crab will be molting really soon.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I checked last night, and he'd dug all the way down to the glass bottom... that's about 5" of foot, long reach!!!
-Josh Murrah