I'll start a new topic about being engaged to show some pics

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

I'll start a new topic about being engaged to show some pics

Post by Fishfood »

Here are some pictures for you scott... Not what you really wanted to see but they are pictures.

This could have bought a nice tank!

ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

don't let my wife see that!!!
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

tell me about it.... All of my friends girlfriends, wives and fiances are like wow, and then i get yelled at from my friends. I think i might have gone a little overboard but it pleased both her and her mother, and hell its great to get those compliments about it as well. In the end I paid on par what 2 month salary is, and that is what i read you are to put into something like this.

The next question is can i put 2 months salary into another tank... :)

Oh and the yard is going to have to wait becuase some insurance money went into this as well... haha
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

From a woman's point of view, I think the old tradition of spending two months salary on a ring is BS.

I think the ring you choose should not be based on how much it costs (unless of course it's outrageously priced and then I'd say, don't buy it)

It should be based on what you think your future wife would like, be proud to wear etc. :)

Two months salary on a ring? a RING! You can't eat it, you can't live in it, you can wear it, but it goes on your finger and doesn't cover any other part of your body.....you get what I'm saying.

off my box now :)

The ring you chose is very pretty btw :)
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well she did pick it out for the most part... or said she liked it before I even got it.. and the ringing endorsement from her Chinese mom sealed the deal. Sometimes her mom is difficult to please.

And for what its worth I paid half of what it was appraised at. Not that it means anything. The one good thing, unlike my roommate, Jenn has no plans to upgrade anytime soon. My roommate plans to upgrade hers every 2 yrs she said... I was like are you insane. Jenn said in 25yrs maybe. So I think the value was good.. And its not like I make a hell of a lot of money. 2 months really wasn't that much.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Be glad your wife has that viewpoint... we got a 1/3 carat single stone ring from my mom for our wedding, and my wife wants to upgrade (been 3 years), I think mostly because she doesn't like that it's a hand-me-down.
-Josh Murrah
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

only a ring

Post by donkeyclubmember »

It is only a ring. A ring does not show how much you love some. A gumball ring could mean just as much if you choose to let it. Only shallow women want big rings. Sorry ladies truth hurts......
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Actually Jenn was surprised that I'd get something that big... she was never expecting that until we start looking and I said this was my range and this is what i want to get.

Honestly I never thought of getting anything smaller. Its a 3/4 center stone and 1 carot on the band equaling 1 3/4ct. I found that shopping around on line, as scary as that may seem for a diamond, was the best decission. I had the stuff sent to an independent appraiser before i purchased any of it. They told me if the stuff was lagit and then I had it appraised here locally when i finally got the center diamond.

Let me just say that this ring didn't cost much more then a 3/4ct total ring from Gordons that my roommate got.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I need a frag of that!

Seriously, my wifes wedding ring cost about $350 at a pawn shop. At the time that was all I could afford. I was 20, had been living on my own since I was 17 had a crappy first job and even worse second job. Since then we have upgraded but she is worth is. I would say that you did good but I will tell you that the first few years of marraige are the worst so just be prepared.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

heck if that's true, I'm in for a good ride... wife and I have never had big fights or any crap like that. Maybe part of it was that we were live-in's for a year before we got married?
-Josh Murrah
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Read above post by me Donkey....:)
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Living with a person before you marry them is probably the best way to go. Was with the ex-girlfriend for 2 years then we moved in together for a year. After that she split.

I want Jenn to move in also when my roommate gets married and follows her husband to Italy for the airforce. Her mom doesn't want her to. Says it isn't right to live with someone until you are married. I think you find out so much more about the person by living with them. Plus I want to be able to collect rent for those last 4 months before we get married...lol Seriously.. She can brake her lease at any time and it would cut down on our bills big time.

This is one thing I can't frag for you scott. I've been willing to give you a piece of anything in my tank so far.. This one is off limits!

I'm sure i'm in for a plesent ride. We have a single child who likes to get things her way sometimes and a guy who just doesn't generally like people.. This should be fun. Ok, so its not that i don't like people... I get annoyed with them rather easily.

At least she love the tank and her dad loves it too.. lol He has about 4 fresh water aquariums set up around his house.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Wow Fishfood, you have very nice nails :D
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

That is a very nice ring. Congrats on the engagement and I wish the best of luck to both of you in the future.

Man, thats a nice ring.

Jeremy
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Brandon... thanks.. I thought that was what i was origianly showing off.. :lol: