WTT/WTB: calcium reactor

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

WTT/WTB: calcium reactor

Post by ShagMan »

I seem to remember somebody had one for sale, sometime recently... anyone?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Me, dual chamber custom built very large diameter. If i can find the damn thing, its in the attic.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
bertz_maru
Amoeba

Post by bertz_maru »

me and my step brother built one ourselves but its not pretty lookin.... but i have another one coming in soon... its GEO... not sure how it looks yet... why do you need one? i thought you were going to go softie for your tank?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am going mainly soft corals, Josh is looking. Here is mine Josh.
Attachments
reactor-new.jpg
reactor-new.jpg (48.32 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Well I'm kinda wish-washy right now.... dosing 1-2 gallons of kalk per day is already getting old, I'm not gonna be able to keep it up... and I need the ca for growing coralline over the 250+ lbs of liverock, if nothing else. I'm just thinking about it.

Kevin, that thing is HUGE! What you want for it? You know what, doesn't matter... the base is what, 12"++ on each dimension?? it wouldn't fit under my stand. I only have like 9" or little more available, width-wise, under my stand.... has to fit along-side the 55G. Can you tell me the diameter of the cylinders, maybe I can cut down the base plate? What else do you need with that, regulator, tank? Anything else?
Last edited by ShagMan on Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Josh Murrah
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Holy shizzle, went to myreefcreations and priced... 250-300 new, not including pump, tank, and all the extra co2 stuff? ouch. I don't think that's anywhere in my budget right now.

*puts a few gallons of vinegar and some Ms. Wages pickling lime on grocery list*
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

You will need a CO2 cylinder, regulator, reactor, media, bubble counter (if not included on regulator or reactor) and a feed powerhead. You can have other goodies, but you only have to have those things. I really like the dual chamber reactors, you get less CO2 in the aquarium, which could cause algae. If you don't have enough room for that reactor there are single chamber reactors. Keep in mind though that the CO2 tank will take up a fair amount of room. My tank is like 20 inches tall and about 10 inches in diameter, but there are smaller tanks. Mine is 20 lbs. I think John's was 5 lbs and his is only about a foot tall and 6 inches in diameter.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am asking $150 for it, just like it sits with no attachments like valves and tank.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

question 1: that looks like a model CR-6, does that sound right? $150 is a killer price if it's got the standard accessories... which brings me to question two :)

question 2: Does it still have everything that comes standard from MRC with it, I.E. the injection needle valve & bubble counter?

The dimensions would be VERY close, dunno, would have to stop by and measure it up.
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

If josh isn't interested I might be.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes it has all the standard accessories and that is what the buyer is getting. The only thing i am not including is the tank, gauges and etc that is normally purchased seperate. It should be same as CR-6 but the height may be more or less, dunno have to find it to check.

One catch, there is the ever slightest leak around a fitting, and all these custom reactor seem to have it. He gave me some glue to fix it but i replaced it before i ever had a chance to patch the leak. I would say maybe 10 drops of water per hour or two. Normal acrylic glue would patch the leak and I have a tube if it is still good.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Kevin: I'm dead broke now, after Rad's garage sale; I'm still interested in a calcium reactor, but I now have nothing but a bunch of equipment to trade for it :( Sorry!

Hey Fishfood, go ahead and grab this from Kevin, it's 1/2 price of a new one, so it's a GREAT deal!! :)
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Kevin,

What is the demension of that base? I don't have room in the stand but i'm looking to put one outside the stand in an additional cabinet that i want to build. Height would be nice to but doesn't factor into me buying it.

Thanks,
Drew
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I dont know dimensions yet since I have no idea where it is in the attic. Soon as things calm down here i will locate it and bring it down. We close on the house soon so moving will begin and i will be able to locate it.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

specs are here: http://www.myreefcreations.com/reactors.html

CR-2 is 21" height and 12"x12" footprint (reactor chambers 4.5")

CR-4 is 15" height and 14"x14" footprint (reactor chambers 6")

CR-6 is 21" height and 14"x14" footprint (reactor chambers 6")

hope that helps.